Thursday, August 27, 2015

I'm Still Here, BUT Things are a-changin'

I've been MIA, and that's because I've had a gazillion and ten things going on.  It's common knowledge in teacher world that summer is for relaxing and getting caught up on all those other things that get thrown into the corner, right??! WRONG.  Guys, most days I'm lucky if I leave the house with pants on.  This week I may or may not have worn two different shoes to school (in my defense they were the same, but different colors--I just told everyone it was a new trend, duh.)

Which brings me to school.  This year I am so excited to be taking on a new job description.  That's right folks, I've moved on from the elementary world to the land of the tweens, or more commonly known as middle school. I'm 3 weeks in and I'm still here--I shook my magic eight ball and it responded with "Reply Hazy, Try Again Later,"  I'm not sure whether I should be concerned or not yet.  So with this change my blog name obviously can no longer be: Exploring Art: Elementary Art.  

I now welcome you to the middle school edition of me: Art. Eat. Tie Dye. Repeat.
Now all you elementary folk, please don't scurry away! It'll still be the same ole me here coming at you with my bizarre ideas and thoughts.  I've still got PLENTY of projects I need to catch up on from last school year (grad school is killing me).

My school year is off to an extremely busy start (as I'm sure yours is as well).  Not only do I have a new job, but 9 hours of grad school (I'll be done in May!!!), and coaching volleyball sure have me busy.  No time for sleep, because there is not rest for the rad!

THE GOOD NEWS: I FIT RIGHT IN WITH THOSE MIDDLE SCHOOLERS. YOU CAN'T EVEN TELL US A PART!
post signature

4 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see your new middle school art lessons. My daughter is starting 8th grade, so I am familiar with the tween experience. ;) (Converses are a Must) Have a Great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Guys, most days I'm lucky if I leave the house with pants on." LOL
    Love reading yours posts !
    Have a busy/exciting/happy year ! And don't forget your pants...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you via Pinterest. Loving this blog!!
    Jenny from Mississippi

    ReplyDelete