Monday, April 7, 2014

4th Grade Wayne Thiebaud Cupcakes

The school year is winding down for me (I only will see each group of students 3 more times)  and that time will go quickly.  So as the end of the year goes by I try to keep projects as a two day lesson because with end of year field trips, field days, and assemblies there will be several groups that will miss.  Here's a Wayne Thiebaud lesson that most students were able to finish in two classes.  I did a Theibaud lesson last year with 4th graders and really loved the results as far the variety goes.  For another year I may try to combine the two.   



6 comments:

  1. I love these, I was thinking about doing something similar with my sixth graders, do you think they would find it age appropriate and fun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd be surprised at the amount of times 6th graders will walk into my art room BEGGING to do the 1st grade project. For some reason students love doing projects based around food, I'd say it's a go. It might even be cool to have them pick a theme for their cupcake--I instantly thought of super hero sprinkles at a super hero themed party!

      Delete
    2. That's a great idea, I love anything super hero related!

      Delete
  2. Hey there!! Just stumbled upon your blog and I love it!! I am an art teacher in AZ. Do you mind if I ask what size paper you used for these? Did you use tempera?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 11x15--I just really like that size for some reason. And yes tempera and a combo of some acrylic, just depending on what color the students wanted!

      Delete