Thursday, October 6, 2016

Snapchat Self Portraits

Yeah, I've been pretty awful about updating this here blog, but in the mean time don't forget to check out my articles over at the Art of Ed!

Okay, so here's the deal I just taught my favorite lesson of ALL TIME. I'm not even kidding. It was seriously the best. Never have I seen students so excited to make self portraits. I think several of my students were about to have a heart attack when I told them to open up Snapchat in class!

Nonetheless, these aren't super fancy. Just your plain old grid drawings were used to make these. Some major color mixing happened as students only had white and the primaries to create their skin tones! These 8th graders seriously rocked my socks off! Enjoy!


















6 comments:

  1. These are awesome! Did you have them take screen shots and email them to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And if they didn't have a phone/access to Snapchat they used my phone or a friends to take their picture.

      Delete
  2. So fun! How many class periods?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did they use tempera or acrylics? Paper or canvas?

    ReplyDelete