Monday, October 13, 2014

THEY'RE BACK-5th Grade Lego Self Portraits

The return of the lego self portraits.  You've probably seen these/my face floating around Pinterest (or at least I'm told by my fellow colleagues that my face is plastered on Pinterest).  The original project I did last year brought some major traffic to my blog.  I think part of the reason, along with the fact that legos are just awesome, was that shortly after I posted the project The Lego Movie came out and Lego Mania was upon us.  

This is probably one of my all time favorite lessons.  We cover a lot of information and it is fun, the kids love it and all find some sort of success!  The majority of this lesson is done with crayon, a few students did choose to use marker on the background.  To see a more detailed description of the lesson go here.  

I'm amazed as to how much I can see the resemblances in some of the portraits and I can pick out which lego belongs to each student. 

  







4 comments:

  1. This is such such such a great lesson!!! I am going to use it for my new sixth graders coming in the next nine weeks! I love all the bright colors that your students use! #pinterestceleb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what your students come up with!

      Delete
  2. I love them! Your students have done such a great job, they would have loved this lesson! I can imagine teaching this lesson with the 'Everything is Awesome' song going on repeat in the background...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic blog! LOVE the pumpkins done by your 3rd graders!!!

    ReplyDelete